Fried Bread Sticks With Berry SauceFrom mkhs1974 6 years ago
How to make it
- Cut the crusts off the bread. Cut the slices into three or four strips each.
- Heat butter in a frying pan and fry the bread sticks until golden brown on all sides. Place on paper towels to drain.
- In a saucepan, heat 1/4 cup water and put in the cinnamon stick. Heat for ten minutes, then remove the cinnamon stick.
- Pour the currant sauce into the cinnamon water, and stir in the sugar.
- Mix the corn starch with 1 T. water and pour it into the sauce, mixing constantly. Boil the mix for one minute.
- Put the bread sticks on four individual plates and pour the red sauce over them. Dust with powdered sugar.
- If you prefer a less sweet sauce, substitute some of the water with lemon juice. You can also substitute another berry flavored sauce for the currant sauce.