Chicken With Cream SauceFrom mkhs1974 6 years ago
- 1 whole chicken, approx. 2 lbs. shopping list
- 4 slices bacon shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 2 T. olive oil shopping list
- 8 oz. mushrooms shopping list
- 1 T. cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 c. whipping cream shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 T. chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 T. cut chives shopping list
- 1 c. dry white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Quarter the chicken. Cut the garlic clove in half and rub onto the chicken.
- Cut the bacon into strips and fry in a large skillet. When they are crisp, take them out of the pan.
- Add the oil and fry the chicken on all sides until golden brown.
- Add the onions to the oil and saute. Pour in the wine, add the bay leaves, salt and pepper to taste and put a lid on the skillet. Turn down the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms and add to the chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the chicken and bay leaves. Place chicken on serving platter.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1 T. white wine and add to the oil/wine stock to thicken it.
- Beat the whipping cream until smooth and thickened, but NOT stiff. Add to the sauce and heat through.
- Mix in the parsley and chives, then pour the cream sauce over the chicken.
- Serve with a fresh garden salad and crisp Italian bread or whole wheat baguette.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- mkhs1974 Monterey Park, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔