Spiced Beef StewFrom pamela 8 years ago
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cubed shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can of mixed vegetables, liquid removed shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced to thin rings shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 (14 oz) can beef broth shopping list
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1 cup of beer shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter or margarine in Dutch oven, over a medium-high heat. Cook the beef in two batches until browned, stirring frequently. Remove beef and place aside. Add in the flour.
- Add the onion, garlic, broth, brown sugar, thyme, beer, and bay leaf then heat to boil. Return the beef to the dish, then cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the can of mixed vegetables; cover and bake for 1 hour more, (or until beef is done). Remove the bay leaf and serve.
The Cookpamela San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!