Spiced Up HamFrom countrygoalie 10 years ago
- 2 bananas, each cut into fourths shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced peaches shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced pears shopping list
- 12 maraschino cherries, cut into halves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb. fully cooked boneless smoked ham shopping list
- 1 can (23 oz.) sweet potatoes, drained and cut into halves shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Mix bananas, peaches, pears, cherries and pumpkin pie spice. Remove 1/2 cup of the syrup from the fruit mixture and set aside. Refrigerate the fruit mixture.
- Place ham in an ungreased baking dish. Arrange sweet potatoes around the ham.
- Mix brown sugar, reserved fruit syrup and the mustard. Pour over ham and potatoes.
- Cook uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, occasioanlly spooning sauce over the ham and potatoes.
- Drain the fruit mixture. Arrange on top of and around the ham. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- One variation the cooking method that I have found is to cook the entire mixture in a crockpot. Depending on the size of your crockpot, you may need a smaller ham. When slow-cooking in the crockpot, I usually combine the fruit mixture with the ham and sweet potatoes right at the start. I would, however, omit the bananas when following this option as they tend to get quite mushy if allowed to cook for too long.