Chicken ParmigianaFrom spdracerx 7 years ago
- Tomato sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 4 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1/3 cup margarine or olive oil shopping list
- 1 quart stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 quart tomato juice shopping list
- 4 (6oz.) cans tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 cup snipped parsley shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 Tbsp crushed oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp crushed thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed basil leaves shopping list
- 2 cups dry wine or sherry shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 eggs slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- Dash of pepper shopping list
- 8 oz. sliced or grated mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions and garlic in margarine using a kettle of at least 4 quarts.
- Add stewed tomatoes, tomato juice, tomato paste, parsley, salt, oregano, thyme, basil, wine or sherry, and water.
- Simmer for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Melt butter or margarine in a baking dish (13x9x2 inches).
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Dip chicken pieces in beaten egg, then in crumb mixture. Arrange in baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn chicken pieces over and bake 15 minutes more.
- Pour 3 cups of Tomato Sauce over chicken.
- Top sauced chicken with Mozzarella cheese; reduce heat to 350°.
- Continue baking for 30 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.
The Cookspdracerx Richmond, VA
The Rating3 people
Sounds excellent! And a really, really good tomato sauce can't be rushed! Never thought of putting sherry in it, I usually use whatever cooking red wine I have hanging around. I'll have to try that next time. =)aimee in Studio City loved it
Made this before, and we're making it again tonight. Delicious. :)simplewhimsy in Fairbanks loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!