Asparagus Chicken With Black Bean SauceFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch divided shopping list
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil shopping list
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fermented salted black beans shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided shopping list
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears trimmed and diagonally cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- fresh cilantro leaves for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, sherry and sesame oil and mix well.
- Add chicken then stir to coat well and allow to stand 30 minutes.
- Place black beans in sieve then rinse under cold running water.
- Finely chop beans then combine with ginger and garlic and set aside.
- Combine remaining cornstarch, soy sauce, chicken broth and oyster sauce and mix well.
- Set aside.
- Peel onion then cut into eight wedges.
- Separate wedges and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken and stir fry until cooked through about 3 minutes.
- Remove from wok and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in wok then add onion and asparagus and stir fry 30 seconds.
- Add water then cover and cook stirring occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to wok.
- Stir chicken broth mixture then add to wok with black bean mixture.
- Cook until sauce boils and thickens stirring constantly.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!