Mushroom Sauced Old Fashioned OmeletFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 pound boiling potatoes peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped shopping list
- 2 slices boiled ham diced shopping list
- 4 large eggs beaten shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup mushroom sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan then cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium high then partially cover and cook potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Drain well and serve.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat until oil is hot but not smoking.
- Add onions and cook until they are softened but not browned about 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook stirring occasionally for 4 minutes.
- Add ham and cook stirring just until ham is heated through and mixture is well blended.
- Take off heat and reserve.
- Break eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a wire whisk beat eggs until they are light and frothy.
- Heat oil in an omelet pan over medium high heat and when hot but not smoking add eggs.
- Cook eggs over medium high heat pushing sides to the center as they cook.
- Gently shake and tilt pan so the uncooked parts flow to bottom of the pan.
- When bottom of the omelet is lightly browned and the top has set remove pan from heat.
- Loosen sides of omelet with a fork shaking pan gently.
- Spoon onion potato ham mixture onto one half of the omelet and fold the other half over.
- Slide omelet onto a warmed platter and serve at once with mushroom sauce over the top.