Vegetable Fritters - Indian-styleFrom mkhs1974 8 years ago
- 2 c. chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour shopping list
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 fresh green chili, finely chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cilantro leaves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 T. vegetable oil - for the batter shopping list
- 1/2 t. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 t. ground turmeric shopping list
- 1-1/2 c. water shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 2-3 c. vegetable oil - for deep frying shopping list
- VEGETABLES: ** shopping list
- 1 large potato, peeled and grated shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and chopped shopping list
How to make it
- * * You may add other vegetables if desired.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients (EXCEPT vegetables) and mix until batter is smooth.
- Add the vegetables to the batter and mix together.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan, and reduce heat to medium.
- Gently place a tablespoon of the mixture in the oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over with a steel spatula and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the fritters and drain them on a paper towel. Repeat process and serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- mkhs1974 Monterey Park, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmkhs1974 Monterey Park, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!