Steak Au Poivre with Red Wine Sauce and French FriesFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 1 (16 oz) package French Fries shopping list
- 4 (6 oz) natural steaks (New York Strip, Tenderloin or Rib-Eye) shopping list
- 4 Tbsp black peppercorns, crushed shopping list
- 1 medium shallot, minced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup red wine (Cabernet,merlot or Zinfandel) shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1 Tbsp thyme, minced shopping list
- 4 Tbsp Wild oats Organic unsalted butter shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare fries according to package.
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet over high heat.
- Season the steaks with salt.
- Press 1 Tbsp peppercorns on top of each steak.
- Place steaks, unpeppered-sides down in skillet.
- Turn heat to medium-high.
- Sear for 6 minutes.
- Turn steaks over and cook 3 minutes for rare, 4 minutes for medium-rare or 5 minutes for medium.
- Remove steaks, cover and allow to rest.
- Use the same pan to make the sauce.
- Turn heat to medium. Add shallots and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add wine and broth.
- Stir to release cooked bits (yum yums)from the pan.
- Simmer until reduced by half.
- Stir in butter and thyme, until thickened.
- Kosher Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon sauce over sliced steaks. Serve with crisp fries.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
Good one and as always a 55555 from me!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Wow this sounds good and easy. I cant wait to try it.deannafaye in Grand Junction loved it