Apple StrudelFrom jdedrick 9 years ago
- 1 sheet of Pepperidge Farm frozen puff pastry sheets shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp. water shopping list
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 large Granny Smith (or firm) apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tbsp walnuts, toasted shopping list
- Confectioners sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw the pastry sheet on your counter for 40 mins or until thawed.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly grease a baking sheet
- Stir the egg and water in a small bowl
- Mix the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; add the apples and walnuts and stir to coat.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on the lightly floured surface
- Roll the sheet into a 16x12 rectangle
- With the short side facing you, spoon the apple mixture onto the bottom half of the pastry to within 1 inch of the edges.
- Starting on the short side closest to you, roll up like a jelly roll
- Place seam side down on the baking sheet, tuck ends under to seal
- Brush with egg mixture, cut a few slits in the top for air flow
- Bake for 35 mins or until golden. Cool on a baking sheet for 30 mins, slice and serve warm
- Sprinkle with Confectioners suger (if desired)
The Cookjdedrick Wilmington, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!