Sago Pudding with Mango PureeFrom wokkingmum 7 years ago
How to make it
- Wash sago and drain.
- In a pot, boil about a litre of water.
- Add in sago gradually. Stir occasionally to prevent the sago from sticking together.
- When the water starts to boil, turn down the fire.
- Continue to stir occasionally.
- It's done when all sago turn translucent. (obviously mine's not quite done)
- Drain the sago using a sieve.
- Run the sago in water to clear the starch or you can use a pot of water.
- Drain the sago again using a sieve.
- Put the sago into moulds.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Blend 2/3 mango till it become puree. If your mango is sour, you can add some fine sugar to blend together.
- Chop the remaining into cubes.
- Remove sago pudding from mould using toothpick or knife.
- Pour the mango puree over the sago pudding and top with chopped mango.
The Cookwokkingmum Singapore, SG
The Rating1 people
This dessert must be served chilled.wokkingmum in Singapore loved it
I don't know if there's another name to it. Never heard of it before.
Sago is pearl-like (white). The one I'm using is the tiny one. They have larger ones about 1cm in diameter. I believe it is process from some type of ...morewokkingmum in Singapore loved it