Tian ProvencalFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
How to make it
- Chop the onions.
- Cook gently (approx. 20 minutes) in a wok or a frying pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper, and 1 tablespoon sugar
- You now have an onion fondue.
- Spread it on the bottom of a gratin dish.
- Cut tomatoes and zucchini into slices.
- In the gratin dish, line up the vegetables by alternating a line of zucchini and one of tomatoes (like fish scales).
- Add salt and pepper, sprinkle with olive oil and thyme, and bake in a hot oven at 400 °F for 1 hour.
- Turn vegetables from time to time during cooking so that the top does not dry out.
- Enjoy hot or cold.