Bread Pudding SauceFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
How to make it
- Cream butter & sugar over medium heat until all butter is absorbed. Remove from heat and blend in egg yolks. Gradually add bourbon, to taste, stirring constantly. Sauces thickens as it cools. Serve warm over warm bread pudding.
- Can be refrigerated & reheated for a day or two.
- For variety, substitute your choice of fruit juice or liquor for the whiskey -- or use a combination -- to complement flavors in the bread pudding.
- Example: If you use coconut in the bread pudding, substitute pina colada for some of the milk in the bread pudding recipe, and maybe 6 T rum and 2 T pina colada in the sauce.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!