Sweet Potato Bean BurritosFrom jenniesue 7 years ago
- 2-3 cups cooked black or pinto beans shopping list
- 1 large roasted sweet potato or 1 can unsweeted sweet potato or winter squash shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- several cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1-2 dried peppers shopping list
- salt shopping list
- chili powder and/ or cayanne powder to taste shopping list
- 4 wheat tortillas (burrito size) shopping list
- grated chedder cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1. If you are roasting the sweet potato yourself bake it at 450 degrees for 35-45 minutes till it is easily pierced with a fork. When it is done peel it.
- 2. If you are cooking beans from scratch add the roughly chopped onion, garlic and pepper to the water. Simmer or pressure cook till tender.
- or Drain canned beans and saute with diced onion, garlic and pepper for 10 minutes or so.
- 3. Combine drained beans and sweet potato and run through a food processor or mash by hand. Add salt and chili powder to taste.
- 4. Warm up tortillias and divide filling among them. Add however much cheese you like and wrap up the burrito.
The Cookjenniesue Durham, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!