Spaghetti With Sausage PeppersFrom dariana 9 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb italian sausage (mild or hot) shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes, in thick puree shopping list
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth or dry white wine shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 3/4 lb spaghetti shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving shopping list
How to make it
- *In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- *Add the sausage and cook, turning, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- *When cool enough, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- *Add the onion, peppers and 3/4 teaspoon of the salt to the pan.
- *Cook, stirring frequently until the vegetables begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- *Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft, about 3 minutes longer.
- *Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- *Add the tomatoes, broth, vermouth, the reserved sausage and any accumulated juices, the parsley and the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, and bring to a simmer.
- *In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until just done, about 12 minutes.
- *Drain and toss with the sausage and pepper mixture and the Parmesan.
- *Serve with more Parmesan.
The Cookdariana IL
- Not added to any groups yet!