MOMS DEVILED HAM SPREADFrom snufflebunny15 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups minced cooked ham (about 6 ounces) shopping list
- 1/4 small habanero chili, or to taste, seeded and minced (wear rubber gloves) shopping list
- worcestershire sauce to taste shopping list
- 2 tsp of sweet relish (mom's addition) shopping list
- 1 tsp of honey (mom's addition) shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- Accompaniment: celery boats and/or toast points shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl stir together ham, chili, Worcestershire sauce, just enough mayonnaise to bind ingredients, and salt and pepper to taste. Chill ham spread, covered, overnight.
- Serve spread with accompaniments.
- Mom added the sweet to counteract the hot and to give a little sweet salty flavor to the spread. I eat it on sandwiches, but it is best in celery. The crunch is wonderful.
- February 1995
- Jessica B. Harris