Spicy Garlic Shrimp and Penne PastaFrom thepiggs 10 years ago
- 1 15 oz can Italian diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 Tbsp italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- ¼ tsp sea salt shopping list
- 8 oz. penne pasta shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- ½ cup chopped onion shopping list
- ½ cup chopped yellow or green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (more if desired) shopping list
- 1 lb medium pre-cooked shelled shrimp shopping list
- ¼ cup favorite hot sauce (Franks) shopping list
- ¼ cup Parmesan or romano cheese Plus extra to sprinkle on finished dish shopping list
How to make it
- In a covered sauce pan simmer diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, basil and sea salt.
- Allow to sauce to simmer while the pasta is cooked according to directions on package. Drain.
- While sauce and pasta are cooking:
- Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet or pan, add onion and peppers. Cook until soft.
- Add garlic, stir and add shrimp, toss to coat with oil.
- Add hot sauce when shrimp is hot.
- Add pasta to shrimp lightly toss to coat pasta with oil and hot sauce.
- Add tomatoes and quickly toss again.
- Add Parmesan cheese, toss.
- Sprinkle extra cheese on top of pasta just before serving.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with warmed garlic bread, buttered with Italian Spread.
The Cookthepiggs MO
The Rating9 people
OMG, I cannot wait to try this, I am going out to the store now to gather ingredients. Thanks so much for sharing. :-)dariana in loved it
yummie! we all love pasta and garlic and our cat (strange cat! lol) is addicted to parmesan (he is not even italian but an "imported" greek streetcat).. will try it out tomorrow!coffeebean in Bern loved it
This recipe is WONDERFUL!! I made it about 2 weeks and ago and it was a big hit. I am making it tonight for a romantic dinner with my husband! Thank you!!jddavis1110 in Dexter loved it