Cabbage SoupFrom pamela 8 years ago
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, chopped shopping list
- 4 stalks celery, cut into cubes shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, finely diced shopping list
- 4 large carrots, cut into cubes shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz) can tomatoes , peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups tomato-vegetable juice cocktail shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth shopping list
- 3/4 cup ketchup shopping list
How to make it
- Place the cabbage into an 8-qt soup pot.
- Add the carrots to 2 tablespoons of water and microwave on high setting for 6 minutes.
- Microwave celery in 2 tablespoons water on high setting for 4 minutes.
- Stir the microwaved vegetables to the pot with the cabbage. Mix in the celery, sweet onion, and ketchup. Now, add the tomatoes, juice cocktail, and the chicken and vegetable broth. Fill each empty can with water, and add to the mixture. Cover, and bring to a boil, then continue boiling for 30 minutes.
- Lower the heat to simmer and cook for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with sliced French baguette. Place salt, black pepper, and Tabasco sauce at the table to season, as desired.
The Cookpamela San Diego, CA
The Rating6 people
mmmm this is sounding good !queenmidge in Anderson loved it
This sounds very good. I have heard that cabbage soup will help you lose weight, eaten with lunch and dinner.I will try this recipe for sure!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!