Garlic SoupFrom pdxveg 6 years ago
- 3 heads garlic shopping list
- 1 head elephant garlic shopping list
- 1 small shallot shopping list
- 1 small sweet onion shopping list
- 1 can white cannelinni beans shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream or non dairy creamer optional shopping list
- salt and white pepper to tast shopping list
- fresh thyme, shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable broth (I like the pacific brand) shopping list
How to make it
- prep 3 regular head and one elephant head of garlic by chopping of end and placing on tin foil. Drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper. Wrap tightly and roast until soft.
- add 2 tbls. extra virgin olive oil to soup pot and start to heat
- Finely chop 1 medium shallot and 1 small sweet onion and saute in soup pot until soft
- add vegetable broth and cannelinni beans, heat thoroughly
- when garlic is finished roasting, carefully sqeeze all of it in to the soup pot, stir
- blend thorougly with hand mixer or in a blender, return to stove
- add cream if you want
- add salt, pepper and lots of thyme
- enjoy with salad and yummy bread
- if you had cold, it will be gone soon!
The Cookpdxveg Portland, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!