APPLE CRUMB CAKEFrom recipediva 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 large baking apples, peeled, cored and diced small (about 2 cups diced apples) shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cups chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8 x 8 inch cake pan. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, on at a time, blending well. Stir in vanilla. In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture in batches alternating with the yogurt; mix until well blended. Stir in apples and pour into cake pan.
- In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon and butter. Sprinkle evenly over the cake. Bake until top is golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean about 50- 55 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes, turn the cake onto a wire rack and then invert onto serving platter. Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 1
- recipediva Philly, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookrecipediva Philly, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!