Bourbon Bread PuddingFrom my4gems 7 years ago
- 1 lb. Cubed stale bread shopping list
- 2c. golden raisins shopping list
- 1 1/2c. brown sugar shopping list
- 1qt. whole milk shopping list
- 5 eggs; beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2c. bourbon shopping list
- 1c. heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2lb. butter shopping list
- 1/4c. cinnamon shopping list
- 2c. powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- First, Steep your raisins in your bourbon. Yum!
- In a sauce pan, heat together your milk, cinnamon, half of your butter, and 1 cup of your brown sugar.
- Place your cubed bread in a large mixing bowl.
- Once your milk comes to a boil, poor it over your bread cubes.
- Let the bread mixture set for about 25 minutes.
- Saving the bourbon, strain the raisins and place in a bowl with your eggs. Mix very well together.
- In a large cake pan, rub the remaining butter and brown sugar on the bottom.
- Pour bread pudding in the pan and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- *using the bourbon that you saved from the raisins, add the heavy cream and powdered sugar in a sauce pan and let it come to a boil.
- Reduce to low for 7 to 8 minutes stirring constantly.
- Poor it on top of the bread pudding while it is still hot. Serve.
The Cookmy4gems Indianapolis, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!