Chicken and Wild Rice CasseroleFrom residenthypnotist 8 years ago
- 1 (6.2 ounce) package fast cooking long grain and wild rice mix shopping list
- ½ cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 can chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cups cooked chicken, ( I dice up ½ of a roasted chicken) shopping list
- 1 ½ cups half and half shopping list
- 1 (6ounce) can of sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar of sliced mushrooms, drained (I substitute 1 broccoli crown chopped and microwaved for 2 minutes. shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp pepper shopping list
- ! (2.5 ounce) package of sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- COOK rice mix according to package directions; set aside
- MELT butter in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté until tender. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly , 1 minute. Add broth, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- STIR in rice, chicken, and rest of ingredients, except almonds. Spoon into a lightly greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish, top with almonds.
- BAKE at 350%s for 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- SERVE AND ENJOY
The Cookresidenthypnotist Tulsa, OK
- Not added to any groups yet!