Baked white fish with Onions Peppers Olives and FetaFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 2 or 3 medium-sized Tilapia filets shopping list
- (for best results, use fish that is uniformly thick) shopping list
- 1/2 T olive oil (or less, depending on your pan) shopping list
- 1/2 cup very finely diced red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup of sliced pepperoncini peppers shopping list
- 1/4 cup very finely diced red onion (or sweet white onion) shopping list
- 1/4 cup very finely diced green olives shopping list
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta (or less if you're not wild about feta) shopping list
- 1-2 T mayo shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray small glass or ceramic casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil in nonstick frying pan and saute red pepper and onion about 3 minutes. Add olives and saute about 2 minutes more. Turn off heat.
- Put fish in casserole dish and season with salt and pepper. Spread a small amount of mayo evenly over the surface of each piece of fish.
- Stir feta into red pepper/pepperoncini/onion/olive mixture and spread that over the top of fish. (Pile it on so all the mixture is used. It doesn't matter if some falls off while it's cooking.)
- Bake until fish is opaque and white throughout and topping is barely starting to brown, 10-15 minutes.
- The mayo and the topping will keep the fish moist. Serve hot.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating1 people
I made this for dinner tonight and my husband and I loved it! I will make it for company. Yes, I did use wild cod instead of tilapia and just increased baking time by seven minutes.deb33021 in Scappoose loved it