Shrimp ScampiFrom recipediva 7 years ago
- 4 to 6 servings shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and de-veined shopping list
- 8 sprigs parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- lemon slices, as a garnish shopping list
How to make it
- If you like it spicey as we do. Add crushed peppers. I always crush them in my hand before adding them.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened but not browned, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the wine and lemon juice and cook for another 2 minutes. As the sauce thickens, add the shrimp and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes making sure not to over-cook them. As a final touch, add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, cook your favorite pasta and top with shrimp and sauce. Garnish with lemon slices, and chopped parsley. Or just eat it with fresh crusty bread or garlic bread...yumm
- sometimes we double the sauce.
- Sometimes we just make the scampi and serve it with garlic bread and eat it as an appitizer.
- Pass the wine!
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!