Roasted Red Pepper Pasta MilanoFrom joannanha 7 years ago
- 3 Large red peppers or 1 jar roasted red peppers, julienned shopping list
- 1/2 c. chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 8 oz. sliced portabella mushroom caps shopping list
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces shopping list
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken Breasts, cut into cubes or slices shopping list
- 1 pint light cream shopping list
- 4-5 leaves fresh basil, chopped or 1 1/2 tsp. dried shopping list
- 1 tsp, paprika shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
- 1 lb. pasta of your choice cooked Al Dente and drained - Rotini, fusilli, penne or Farfalle hold the sauce best. shopping list
How to make it
- If using fresh red peppers (if not skip to step 5) - cut slices in the red peppers at the top near the stem.
- Grill or Char on the stovetop the red peppers until well charred and soft.
- Put the peppers in a brown paper lunch bag for 10 minutes to steam.
- Using a kitchen towel, wipe and peel off the skins from the peppers and cut into strips.
- In a heavy saucepan, simmer the chicken broth and red pepper strips for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the garlic in olive oil until fragrant.
- Add the chicken, asparagus and sliced mushrooms and saute until well cooked.
- Add the cream, basil and paprika to the broth and red pepper mixture and stir until well blended and thickened.
- Add the pasta, chicken and mushrooms and stir until the sauce coats everything.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and serve with garlicky breadsticks and salad for a filling and scrumptious meal.
The Cookjoannanha Wilmington, DE
- Not added to any groups yet!