Jennifer Talbotts Potato SoupFrom shoebearsmom 9 years ago
- (3 Quart Pan) shopping list
- Enough potatoes diced to fill pan half-full shopping list
- 3 stalks celery--leaves too shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. onion (minced instant) shopping list
- 1 big carrot, grated shopping list
- 1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter or more to taste shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- milk shopping list
- paprika (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook first four ingredients until potatoes are done. Pour off excess water. Mash potatoes slightly--not completely. Stir in cheese and butter until melted. Add milk to the consistency you want for soup. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle Paprika on top if desired.
- (Note: I cook celery in large chunks just for flavor and remove the celery when I drain off water. Also, I do not add carrots)
- Can also be cooked by slow cooker/crock pot.