Mashed Sweet Potatoes With Dried ApplesFrom oescrazy1 5 years ago
- 2 -3 lbs. sweet potatoes, scrubbed shopping list
- 1 C., dried apples (I have a large pear tree, so I dry and use them) shopping list
- 1/2 C. apple juice or cider shopping list
- 4 T. softened, unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 T. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 T cinnamon ( or to taste) shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Prick the potato skins in several places, place potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake until tender.
- Cooking times will vary according to the size of the potatoes. Most take 20 to 30 minutes. A good way to test is to probe the potatoes with a fork..
- While potatoes are cooking, put the apples and cider in a small saucepan.
- Simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed, so the pan is almost dry, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and chop into bite size pieces. Or cut them up with scissors before cooking, unless you can find them already chopped.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, holding them in oven mitts or a towel to protect your hands from the heat.
- Place them in a large bowl.
- Smash with a potato masher, then whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the butter and cinnamon.
- Stir in the apples and lemon juice.
- Season with salt.
- Serve warm.