Pumpkin Roll Made With Self Rising FlourFrom recipediva 9 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ( I added more and I use fresh a big difference) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon ( I used 1 teaspoon) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice ( I used 1 1/2) shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups canned pumplin puree, no pie filling(I used 1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- Optional: chopped pecans or walnuts to top the cake before you bake it. shopping list
- PERFECT FILLING: (cause of the taste and exact amount needed for 2 cakes) shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 (8 ounces) packages of cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar (or little more to make it more fluffier) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 (175 C)
- Grease and flour 10 x 15 inch pan.
- Beat eggs and sugars together. Mix until thick and creamy 6 minutes or more.
- Add spices when thick and mix
- Add pumpkin as it mixes.
- Slowly add flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pans Distribute evenly (top with nuts at this point if you wish)
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until tested with a toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately turn cake out onto a damp cotton towel. Sprinkled with alot of confectioners sugar and sprinkle on top before you roll. Roll into towel from 10" side and let cool at least 20 minutes.
- Cool cake roll, seam side down, on wire rack until completely cool, about 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Gently unroll to fill.
- Make the Perfect Filling, by creaming the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners sugar, mixing until smooth and fill cake.
- I then roll it in plastic wrap and foil and freeze. I make this up to a month ahead of using it. I usually use this for thanksgiving and make it in October.
- Before serving sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- You can splurge and serve with vanilla bean ice cream and caramel topping. I like it plain. Enjoy all.
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!