Crunchy Pear PieFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup pear juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Combine butter, brown sugar, coconut and flour then place in rectangular baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and stir again.
- Press this mixture against the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate.
- Combine brown sugar and flour in a saucepan.
- Blend in pear juice and milk then cook over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a boil then boil for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in beaten eggs and boil one minute longer.
- Turn off the heat and stir in vanilla and butter.
- Pour into crust and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Dip pear halves in a mixture of 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Top individual pieces of pie with a pear halve and a dollop of whipped cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!