Banana Bread Ice CreamFrom jesuslincoln 9 years ago
- four ripe bananas shopping list
- sploosh of lemon juice. shopping list
- simple syrup (3/4 cup brown sugar with 3/4 cup water, melt sugar). teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, pinch salt (I always use freshly grated nutmeg - the flavor seems better) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- Additional Tbs of cinammon and nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp ginger shopping list
- crushed walnuts shopping list
- tsp molasses shopping list
How to make it
- In a blender, puree four ripe bananas with a sploosh of lemon juice. Add simple syrup
- Add teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, pinch salt , 1/4 tsp vanilla, 1 cup whipping cream.
- Blend it all up again.
- Pour into ice cream maker (watch it - this gets thick in a hurry, and after 45 minutes it stopped churning).
- While it's churning, mix up 1 cup brown sugar, another tablespoon of cinnamon, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon of ginger, crushed walnuts, and a teaspoon of molasses. Fold into finished ice cream (for a totally rocking swirl).