Plain Ole CheesecakeFrom recipediva 9 years ago
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 pint sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup white flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare pan: Mix graham cracker crumbs, 2 T sugar, cinnamon, and melted buttter.
- Line 8" or 8 1/2" springform pan with crumb mixture on bottom and insides of pan.
- Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- Whip egg whites til stiff and dry.
- With cream cheese at room temperature, beat until soft.
- Add 1 cup sugar and blend.
- Beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
- Blend in well: sour cream, flour, vanilla, and lemon extract.
- Fold in whipped egg whites.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Place cheesecake in a preheated oven (350 F) in shallow pan of hot water.
- Bake for one hour and 20 minutes.
- Turn off oven; leaving cake inside, allow it to cool off in the oven for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from oven and let stand.
- When at room temperature, refrigerate and let remain overnight.
- "One of the more unusual characteristics cheesecake is the ripening process; it should be made at least 24 hours in advance. The dramatic difference between cured and uncured cake is hard to believe. It seems to increase in quality for at least 2 days, getting creamier while maturing." From my experience eating this, it's a lot like Costco cheesecake, rich and light at the same time, and not gummy like cheap cheesecakes.
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating1 people
This is the best cheesecake I have ever eaten! Amazingly, incomparably fantastic! I have made it many times, and I am always blown away by how fantastic it really is. So light, fluffy and tasty.jennyfur007 in grants pass loved it