Chicken ParmesanFrom momofonesofar 8 years ago
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, skin removed (legs & thighs are fine) shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 cup grated bread crumbs (stale, but not dry is best) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- First remove the skin from your chicken pieces. The coating sticks better, and tastes better when used to coat skinless chicken pieces. The skin makes it taste too greasy. Next, in a wide cereal bowl combine the egg and milk; set it aside. In a large shallow dish combine the grated Parmesan cheese, and the semi-soft bread crumbs. Add the salt and pepper to the cheese and bread crumbs. Mix well. Dip the naked chicken pieces into the egg mixture, and then coat them liberally with the cheese and bread crumb mixture. Press the crumb mixture into the chicken to make it stick. Arrange the chicken on a well oiled baking pan. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Serve hot with corn on the cob, tossed salad and green peas. Very good.
- For the crumbs I use the heels of my homemade bread. I crumble it up by hand into fine crumbs and measure it as I go along. Store-bought bread will work too. For faster or more efficient crumbling, place your stale bread into a blender or food processor and process until the bread is fine and crumbly.