STOVE TOP MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH ROASTED TOMATOESFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes shopping list
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 ounces sourdough bread torn into pieces shopping list
- 1 teaspoon butter melted shopping list
- 12 ounces large elbow macaroni shopping list
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup egg substitute shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper shopping list
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place tomatoes in a rectangular baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with black pepper then bake at 375 for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While tomatoes cook place bread in a food processor and plus until crumbly.
- Toss crumbs with melted butter then sprinkle on baking sheet and bake 12 minutes.
- Stir crumbs frequently to avoid sticking.
- Cook macaroni in boiling water for 7 minutes then drain well.
- Return macaroni to pan and place over medium low heat.
- Add cheese and remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium low heat for 4 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Sprinkle each serving with about 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs.