Rich Fruit CakeFrom ambus 7 years ago
- 125g (1/2 cup)butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar(powdered) shopping list
- 2 medium eggs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup candied fruit plus orange peel shopping list
- 1/2 cup black currants/raisins plus dried fruit shopping list
- 2-3 tsp milk(if required) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 150C. Butter and line a 8" round cake tin with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl,beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy and light.
- Beat in the eggs gradually.
- Add vanilla essence and mix.
- In another bowl,sift flour and baking powder.Mix candied fruit , orange peel,black currants/raisins and dried fruits in the flour.
- Fold the flour into the creamed mix.
- Stir in the milk,if the mixture is dry ( the mixture should be of dripping consistancy).
- Spoon the mix into the prepared tin and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Turn out on a cake rack to cool.