Boiled Fruit CakeFrom kdbradley 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups Golden seedless raisins shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup Crisco® shortening shopping list
- 4 cups flour ; sifted shopping list
- 2 tablespoon nutmeg ; grated shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cloves ; ground shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup applesauce shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts shopping list
- 1 cup candied fruit shopping list
How to make it
- Place raisins and boiling water in saucepan and boil 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and shortening.
- Mix; nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and applesauce (add alternately with dry ingredients.)
- Beat until well blended.
- Add walnuts and candied fruit.
- Bake in 2 loaf pans 45 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool 20 minutes before removing from pans.
- Store in aluminum foil.