Tuna Steaks with Tomato and Basil Raw SauceFrom darbar 10 years ago
- 4 (1-inch) steaks, 6 to 8 ounces each shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus 2 to 3 tablespoons shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 small red onion, chopped shopping list
- A handful parsley leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup torn or chopped fresh basil leaves, about 10 shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a grill pan or indoor/outdoor grill to high. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over the tuna steaks, spread it around, then season with salt and pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, onions, parsley and basil in a bowl. Dress with extra-virgin olive oil, enough to coat the tomatoes evenly, 2 to 3 tablespoons. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper, to taste. Let the sauce marinate at least 10 minutes.
- When you are ready to eat, grill steaks 2 minutes on each side for rare, 3 minutes for medium and 4 for opaque, well done. Stir sauce up then serve liberal amounts of it on top of the steaks.