Tuna Steaks with Tomato and Basil Raw SauceFrom darbar 8 years ago
- 4 (1-inch) steaks, 6 to 8 ounces each shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus 2 to 3 tablespoons shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 small red onion, chopped shopping list
- A handful parsley leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup torn or chopped fresh basil leaves, about 10 shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a grill pan or indoor/outdoor grill to high. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over the tuna steaks, spread it around, then season with salt and pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, onions, parsley and basil in a bowl. Dress with extra-virgin olive oil, enough to coat the tomatoes evenly, 2 to 3 tablespoons. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper, to taste. Let the sauce marinate at least 10 minutes.
- When you are ready to eat, grill steaks 2 minutes on each side for rare, 3 minutes for medium and 4 for opaque, well done. Stir sauce up then serve liberal amounts of it on top of the steaks.
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating4 people
Gotta try this one. Basil, tomato and onion together is a win-win combination.gingerlea in Tampa loved it
I added a photo with my results of this recipe! I had to go back for more "sauce." Really delicious. Thank you!frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!