Proscuitto-wrapped Chicken Thighs In White Wine SauceFrom chanson 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 6 skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 6 thin slices proscuitto shopping list
- 4 whole cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 3/4 cup white wine shopping list
- handful of toasted pine nuts shopping list
- handful of raisins shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 cups arugula shopping list
- croutons shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Wrap the proscuitto around the skinless chicken thighs and place in the hot skillet. Add crushed garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook chicken until the proscuitto is browned crisp on both sides.
- Add wine and scrap up browned bits with a wooden spatula. Reduce heat to low. Cover, leaving lid slightly ajar, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- While it's cooking, make croutons and toast pine nuts.
- After 20 minutes or so, place pine nuts and raisins in the skillet and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Add a sprinkle of water to the skillet if the sauce dries out. Salt and pepper to taste (remembering that the proscuitto can be salty).
- Serve over arugula and croutons with a bottle of Italian wine, red or white -- we've loved it with both Barbera and Pinot Grigio.
The Cookchanson Seattle, WA
The Rating1 people
Very interesting preparation that you have here. We aren't fond of pine nuts, I think we'll give this a try and skip the nuts. I like the idea of the wrapped thighs....proscuitto is a wonderful wrap. I'll let you know how it goes...thanks for the ...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!