Apricot Cheese Swirl CakeFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
How to make it
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Beat together 2 yolks and milk then add 1/2 cup to pound cake mix.
- Beat 1 minute at medium low speed of electric mixer.
- Add remaining milk mixture then beat 2 minutes at medium low speed.
- Reserve 8 apricots.
- Add remaining drained apricots to batter and mix until fairly broken up.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour into a greased rectangular baking pan.
- Combine next 4 ingredients and reserve 1/2 cup.
- Stir remaining egg yolk into remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Drop by spoonfuls over cake batter then run spatula through batter for marbled effect.
- Bake in preheated 325 oven for 50 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- At serving time cut cake into squares.
- Serve topped with reserved cream cheese mixture and reserved sliced apricots.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!