Pumkin-turkey Goulash With Caraway NoodlesFrom caramia 8 years ago
- 2 large turkey thighs(1 3/4 lbs each)skin removed,meat cut into 1ins shopping list
- pieces. shopping list
- 1/2 cup Hungarian sweet paprika or Hungarian hot paprika( or a mixture of both) shopping list
- 2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tsp finely ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 tblsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 large onions,chopped(about 3 cups. shopping list
- 2 large russet potatoes(1 1/2 lbs total)peeled cut into pieces shopping list
- 4 cups low salt chicken broth shopping list
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can pure pumpkin shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves,chopped shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 large fresh thyme sprig,plus three tblsp chopped fresh thyme ,divided. shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds egg noodles shopping list
- 5 tblsp butter shopping list
- 1 tblsp caraway seeds shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Places Turkey,paprika,2 tspsalt and 1 tsp pepper in a large resealable plastic bag.Seal bag ;shake.Heat Oil in large pot over med-high heat,Remove turkey from spice mixture (reserve spice in bag) add turkey to pot;cook 5 min.PLace onions and potatoes in bag with spice mixture.Seal bag;Shake to coat.Add vegetables to pot;Cook 5 min,turning occasionally,add broth,pumpkin,garlic,bay leaf,and thyme sprig;bring toboil.Reduce heat;cover and simmer until potatoes begin to fall apart,about 1 hour.
- Discard Thyme sprig,stir in 1 tblsp chopped thyme.Season Stew with salt and pepper.
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite,stirring occasionally.Drain noodles;return to pot,Add Butter and caraway seeds to noodles.Toss until butter melts.Divide noodles among bowls;top with stew.Sprinkle remaining 2 tblsp chopped thyme.and Serve .......passing sour cream alongside.
- I like to serve with this dish (cold weather of course) .
- APPLE HOT TODDIES......
- 6 cups apple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- in a large sauce pan med-low heat until honey disolves,Bring mixture to simmer.Remove from heat;stir in 1 cup whiskey(optional)
- Divide among glasses;garnish with apple slices.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- waterlily Joplin, MO
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcaramia US.
- Not added to any groups yet!