Turtle-licious BrowniesFrom yummers 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder dissolved in 1 tsp water shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 15 caramels, unwrapped ( you can find these alot of the times in the bulk section of your grocery store) shopping list
- 1 tbsp milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, mix margarine and sugar until combined.
- Add egg, egg whites, vanilla, and coffee. Stir until very well blended and smooth
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the egg mixture and gently stir until combined
- Spread half of the batter into a 8x8 pan that has been sprayed with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- melt caramels with the milk in a small bowl in your microwave for 1-2 minutes. Stir around the 1 minute mark
- Drizzle melted caramel over the baked brownies and sprinkle with the pecans
- Drop remaining batter in spoonfuls evenly over the top.Spread gently over the caramel, but don't worry if it does not spread evenly or right to the edges
- Bake for 30 -35 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE!!!
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack
The Cookyummers Port Moody, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!