Octopus With PastaFrom ivy 6 years ago
- Small octopuses about 1 kilo (fresh or frozen) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1 can of tomatoes with juice or 3-4 ripe fresh tomatoes shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- ½ glass of red dry wine shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 packet of ditali pasta shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and clean octopus as follows: the octopus must be very carefully washed and dried, and the mouth removed. Cut into pieces about 3 or 4 cm. long.
- Add oil in a saucepan, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan and sauté the finely chopped onion in hot oil. When the onion softens, add the octopus and sauté as well for 3 minutes.
- Add wine and stir until alcohol evaporates. Blend tomatoes in multi and add. Add, salt, pepper 1 bay leaf and 1 cup of water. Stir well, cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add two more glasses of hot water, add extra salt if you like, and put the pasta in the sauce stirring from time to time.
- Serve with Greek feta cheese.
- Second way to cook is after the cooking procedure, preheat oven at 180o, transfer octopus with sauce into a Pyrex or baking pan and add 2 glasses of hot water and cook pasta in the oven.
- Bon appetit