Chicken Steamed In Spiced BrothFrom coffeebean53 6 years ago
- 1 whole broiler-fryer (2.5-3 lbs) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 lemon, rind pricked all over with a fork shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 3 c. chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick, split lengthwise shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. each ground cumin and coriander shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. each ground cardamom, ginger and cayenne shopping list
How to make it
- Rub the chicken cavity with the salt. Place the lemon and garlic inside the cavity and truss the chicken.
- In a Dutch oven large enough to hold a rack or metal colander, bring the stock, cinnamon stick, cumin, coriander, cardamom, ginger, and cayenne to a boil.
- Place a rack in the Dutch oven, set the chicken on top, cover, and simmer over low heat for 1 hour. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board, remove and discard the skin, and cut into serving pieces.
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!