SIMPLE CHICKEN CORDON BLEUFrom ecc 6 years ago
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast shopping list
- 4 slices Swiss or provolone cheese shopping list
- 4 thin sliced smoked ham shopping list
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 egg; beaten shopping list
- 1 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- ½ cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- toothpicks shopping list
How to make it
- Pound chicken breast to ¼-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle each piece on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on each breast.
- Roll up each breast using toothpicks to secure if necessary.
- Dredge each in flour, shake off excess, then in egg and finally in bread crumbs.
- Place seam side down in baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter on each piece of chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine broth and whipping cream;
- season to taste (salt, pepper, garlic, oregano).
- Simmer on low stirring until thickened;
- Pour over chicken.