Richards Caesar SaladFrom oldgringo 6 years ago
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce hearts; torn into bite size pieces shopping list
- 2 beaten egg yolks shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 minced garlic clove shopping list
- 5 mashed anchovy fillets shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup croutons shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the Romaine leaves, break into bite size pieces; drain and chill for maximum crispness until ready to serve.
- Beat the egg yolks, vinegar, lemon juice and Worcestershire Sauce together.
- Add minced garlic, mashed anchovies, mustard powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix by beating until the dressing is thoroughly blended. Add olive oil a little at a time and beat to emulsify.
- Toss Romaine lettuce pieces with Romano cheese and croutons; add dressing to the salad and toss to mix.
- Serve immediately on chilled salad plates.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
- Cesar's Salad was originally made in 1924, by Caesar Cardini, an Italian restaurateur in Tijuana, Mexico.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!