Diabetic EGGPLANT PARMESANFrom shirleyoma 9 years ago
- olive oil spray shopping list
- 1 eggplant (about 1-1/2 pounds) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (2 to 2-1/2 cups) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions (2 medium) shopping list
- 3 or 4 medium cloves garlic, minced, or 1-1/2 to 2 shopping list
- teaspoons bottled minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free dried Italian herb seasoning, shopping list
- crumbled shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 8-ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce shopping list
- 4 ounces fat-free or park-skim mozzarella cheese, shopping list
- shredded (1 cup) shopping list
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) grated or shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat broiler. Spray a baking sheet, 13x9x2-inch
- baking pan, and 11x15-inch piece of aluminum foil with
- olive oil spray.
- 2. Peel eggplant and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- Put on baking sheet and broil 6 inches from heat for 2
- to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from broiler and set
- oven to 375 degrees F.
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat,
- swirling to coat bottom. Add mushrooms, onions, garlic,
- herb seasoning, and salt. Cook, covered, for 7 to 9
- minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to high
- and cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until pan
- juices have evaporated, stirring frequently.
- 4. Spread 1 cup mushroom mixture in baking pan. Cover
- with half of eggplant slices. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Top with 1/2 cup tomato sauce and half the
- mozzarella. Repeat layers except cheese. Cover with
- prepared foil.
- 5. Bake for 1 hour. Top with remaining mozzarella and
- all the Parmesan. bake, uncovered, for 5 to 8 minutes,
- or until cheese is melted. Cool for at least 10 minutes
- before cutting.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories: 118; Fat: 3 grams; Carbohydrates: 15 grams;
- Protein: 10 grams; Sodium: 372 mg; Cholesterol: 5 mg
- Exchanges: 2 Vegetable; 1 Bread/Starch; 1 Low-Fat Meat
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
I Like Food83 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Low Carb113 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Anything Goes289 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
Last Suppers31 members
We Love It But135 members