Pork tenderloin with a Chipotle-Maple MopFrom bethieroo 7 years ago
- Pork: shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 2 pork tenderloins, each about 12 ounces, silver skin removed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chile hot sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Position a rack closest to the broiler and preheat to high.
- Combine the coriander, garlic powder, and ginger. Brush the tenderloins with the oil and rub all over with spices. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Lay the pork on a small shallow pan and broil until golden, turning once, about 5 minutes per side. (An instant-read thermometer should register 130 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the meat.)
- Meanwhile, for the sauce: Whisk the syrup, vinegar, hot sauce, and salt together in a small bowl. Set about half the sauce aside. Generously brush the tenderloins all over with the remaining sauce.
- Return to the broiler and cook, turning once, until a deep rich brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Set meat aside for 5 minutes to rest before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce for drizzling over the meat.
- Cook's Note: Be sure to remove the silver skin before cooking the tenderloin; otherwise, the meat will curl.
- 1. Lay the tenderloin on your work surface and slip a sharp knife under the surface of the silver skin. Keeping your knife flat against the meat, make your first cut by slicing away from you and toward the end of the tenderloin.
- 2. Lift the unattached portion of the silver skin up and place your knife at the point where the skin meets the tenderloin. Slice to separate.
- 3. Continue moving down the length of the tenderloin, pulling and slicing until the silver skin is completely removed.