Slow Cooked Phesant - Game BirdFrom capedread 9 years ago
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- • a brace of pheasants -( 2) shopping list
- • 3 tbsp sunflower oil shopping list
- • 3 large onions shopping list
- • 4 sticks roughly chopped celery shopping list
- • clove of garlic peeled and crushed shopping list
- • 3 carrots shopping list
- • 225g swede shopping list
- • 1 large red pepper shopping list
- • 100g wild mushrooms shopping list
- • 225 g of smoked bacon scraps diced shopping list
- • 100g chorizo shopping list
- • 300 ml red wine shopping list
- • 300 ml chicken stock shopping list
- • 1 tbsp each of white flour, Worcester sauce, A generous helping of elderberry or redcurrant jelly jam shopping list
- • 1 tbsp each chopped fresh herbs (parsley and thyme are ideal) , shopping list
- • salt and pepper to season shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Tie the legs of the birds tightly.
- 2. Heat sunflower oil in a casserole dish on the hob and add the pheasants.
- 3. Brown them all over in the oil and set aside on a plate.
- 4. Chop celery, onion, garlic, carrots, swede, red pepper, wild mushrooms
- 5. In same casserole dish fry the bacon then add all the chopped vegetables and chorizo.
- 6. Stir in the flour thoroughly. Add stock, wine, elderberry jelly, Worcester sauce and bring back to the boil. Add the pheasants and put on the lid. Cook very slowly in the oven for 3-4 hours at 120-150 degrees Celsius until meat is tender.
- 8. Lift the birds out of the pot, place on a plate and allow to cool enough to handle. Pull all the meat off the bones and return to the casserole dish.
- 9. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the fresh herbs.
- 10. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve
People Who Like This Dish 1
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔