Chicken Stoup ProvençalFrom way2nrml 6 years ago
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, diced small shopping list
- 2 ribs of celery, diced small shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 1 zucchini, diced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 (16 oz.) can light red kidney beans, drained shopping list
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1-2 C. chicken broth (enough to reach desired thickness) shopping list
- hand full flat leaf parsley (Italian parsley), minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried sage shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a 6-8 qt. pot up to medium-high heat.
- Add a little olive oil, and chicken, and brown chicken.
- Add carrots, celery, and onion and cook until vegetables begin to soften.
- Reduce heat to medium and add zucchini and garlic, and cook until zucchini is tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Note: This should be very thick.
- I like to serve this with sweet corn bread. Not very French, but tasty.
The Cookway2nrml Raleigh, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!