Maple Bourbon Pecan PieFrom oobleck 5 years ago
- all-purpose flour, for dusting shopping list
- 2 Premade pie crusts (let's face it, who wants to make pie crust?) shopping list
- 1 egg yolk, beaten shopping list
- 1 C. sugar shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 Large whole eggs shopping list
- 1 C. plus 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup shopping list
- .5 C. pure maple syrup shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon or dark rum shopping list
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1.5 C. (~5.5 ounces) pecan halves shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream (optional) shopping list
- whipped cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Set aside one pie shell. Onto a lightly floured surface, remove the other crust from its tin (if already in a tin). Using a paring knife, carefully cut out leaves or other fun shapes from this crust. Gently score leaves with the back of the knife to create veins. Place leaves on a baking sheet. Put unused pie+tin and leaves in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400�. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, eggs, corn syrup, maple syrup, liquor, and vanilla. Fold in the pecan halves. Pour filling into the pie shell.
- Beat 1 egg yolk, and brush over the edge of the crust. Adhere the leaves to the dough in a decorative pattern. Chill the pie for 30 minutes to firm the filling, or put straight in the oven if you have steady hands. (optional: Mix 2 tablespoons heavy cream with remaining egg yolk. Brush the egg glaze over the leaves, and transfer pie to the oven.)
- Bake 15 minutes at 400F, then reduce heat to 350�. Bake until a knife tip comes out clean, about 60-75 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cookoobleck Oakland, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!