Orange and Lentil SoupFrom pamela 10 years ago
- 2/3 cup red lentils shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, diced shopping list
- 1/2 carrot, shredded shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth, separated shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place the onions in butter, in a pot over a medium heat, and cook until they soften. Add in the lentils, orange juice, carrot, celery, half the broth, bay leaf, thyme, and pepper. Then allow to simmer for 40 minutes, until lentils become tender.
- In a blender, food processor, or immersion blender, puree the soup, then return it to the pot. Finally, add in left over chicken broth and heat completely, then serve.
The Cookpamela San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!